Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Harbor

One of the most peaceful places I've ever visited is the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington state.  My last blog several months ago contained a painting of the market there.  

On our first full day on Orcas Island we scoped out the island via car, getting our bearings.  It was early morning, the skies were cloudy, the air was misty, and we pulled into this lovely cove whose name escapes me.  In every direction the views cried out for a camera. Wildflowers on the shore, the not so distant islands across the way, the fisher-people with their rods, the bench of solitude on the hill.  The sailboat anchored in harbor was beautiful and such a symbol of peace and security. That cove inspired this painting.

There is One who offers a Harbor of peace and security to all who will take refuge.  In the world we now live, that is a priceless offer.

I'm thankful for the Harbor.

                                                   










3 comments:

  1. Excellent painting and thoughts. Reminds me of the old song that says, "I've anchored my soul in the Haven of Rest".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting and thoughts. Reminds me of the old song that says, "I've anchored my soul in the Haven of Rest".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Karen. Hadn't thought of that old hymn in a long time.

    ReplyDelete