Friday, September 9, 2016

The Foot Bridge

I really love to pencil draw.  Over the past few weeks, I've been a bit under the weather (because of this yucky rainy, humid, mildew producing weather) enough to not feel like doing much, but not enough to keep me from being totally bored.  I took that as an opportunity to indulge in one of my favorite pastimes.  

Again, I went to my photos of our recent trip through the South.  At the same place where I took the shot of the Great Blue Heron, Magnolia Plantation, near Charleston, there were beautiful foot bridges throughout the gardens.  As I looked through my photos, this one just jumped out at me and said "DRAW!".  The place gave me the feeling of what I think Monet's Giverny might give, where he painted the various waterlily scenes.

When I draw I can focus so well and lose myself in what I am doing.  I relax and totally enjoy it.  


 Nothing profound comes to me today other than the peace and calm that this place exudes.  May peace and calm be yours...always.

No comments:

Post a Comment