Saturday, April 11, 2015

Today I may have experienced the most gratifying result of any painting I have been privileged to paint in my short number of years as a painter.  My good friend's daughter and her husband have been trying to adopt for years.  After many difficult years of waiting, praying, and hoping, they recently brought home from China a precious 9 year old boy.  They knew God had answered their prayers.  

My friend (the young man's grandmother) one day showed me a snapshot of him shooting a basket on the driveway of his home.  His dad is a basketball coach.  My friend said, "this looks like something you'd paint".  I was on it!  I loved the photo.  I said  "please send it to me."  She texted it to me and I couldn't wait to get started.


Today we celebrated with this family and "showered" him with gift cards!  He was so excited and happy.  I surprised them with this painting.  I believe they were thrilled.  I was thrilled to see the smile on his face when he saw himself in oil. I am thankful to have this privilege.  I would hope for many more opportunities to share my art in this kind of happy circumstance.

God has a plan and purpose for everything.  When times are tough, we can be assured He will work out everything together for our good.  I believe this little family has gone through some long years of waiting and wondering and hoping and praying.  To see them all together today, so happy, was such a blessing!  May God bless them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment