Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Moving Along

This painting is (tbh) part of a whole.  The whole is called "To Market" which I partially drew from my own thoughts but the lady in polka dot comes from another painting of mine who originally found herself in a travel magazine of the island of St. Martin.  Our next door neighbors were living on the island half the year and when they returned once, their little girl, Sabrina, who was around eight years old at the time brought me this magazine which she, who has very artistic abilities herself, thought would be nice for my inspiration.  Wasn't that the sweetest thing?  So, the lady in polka has now traveled from one of my paintings to another.  The first one was called "Market Day in St. Martin" and this, "To Market".  This little section of painting happened when Google decided to interfere with my painting image and this is the product.  I thought it was quite artistic, so I kept it.  


Ms. Polka Dot is certainly on a mission, headed in a confident direction, moving forward.  I think she knows just where she is going.   There are days when I don't seem to know which way is up or down or what!  There are times when the path I am on is foggy.  There are days when I get discouraged because I'm not sure what is just around the corner.  When my days get like that, there is one thing I know.  Jesus is with me and He will guide me.  I can trust Him to lead the way.  I may not know exactly where I am going on a particular day, but He knows. In this I am confident.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you like my paintings and get a bit of encouragement at the same time.  

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.   Psalm 32:8  

2 comments:

  1. Love, love this, a thing of beauty and inspiration! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lea. I just now saw your comment. Love you, too, my friend!

      Delete