Monday, March 9, 2015

Safe Harbor


So, I hope we don't float away.  The rain has been coming down constantly since Friday evening, heavy at times, light at times, but constant.  Our area was in drought for over a year but no more.  The lake is brimming and the ducks out back are happy, happy. (I didn't realize what I was just typing..quack, quack..DD, anyone?)  A rainy day is very pleasant to me, but not a rainy several days in a row with rather chilly temps.  Today's weather forced me to exhibit today's painting. 

Our neighborhood is extremely supportive of the American Cancer Society, raising many thousands of dollars each year through various events.  This painting was done a  couple of years ago specifically for that cause and purchased by a local couple who are former owners of several art shops.  That made me feel great, a donation to a great cause and a nice pat on the back for me.

As an aside, daylight savings time is back.  How do you feel about that?  My opinion...let's just stay with it all year.  It would be easier on all of us, don't you think?


                                                                          Safe Harbor

Thank you very much for stopping by.  I am enjoying this pleasant way of exhibiting my work, putting "e-pen to e-paper", and perhaps bringing a glimmer of hope your way.  Please leave your comments so I'll know you dropped by. 

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;....
For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.  Isaiah 43:2

1 comment:

  1. Again, so enjoy your beautiful art and so glad you are using this blog to showcase it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete