Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Protector

There is a story for sure behind this painting.  When I was volunteering at our high school office some years back and around the time I began painting, one of the office workers brought me a photo, and truly flattered me by asking if I could paint it for her. (my first commission).  She told me it was of her little girl and a cousin.  The two are taking in the view from a window from which my friend's two year old had fallen a couple of years prior!  Horrors! Can you imagine the story this child must be telling which likely has been repeated to her over and over by her parents?  Wouldn't you love to have been standing nearby to hear that?  Thankfully, she only had bruises after the fall from this second floor window.  Babies are made of rubber, pretty much, aren't they?  God always knows what He is doing.  He protected this little one in an amazing way.  



There are times when we are so very much aware of His protection over us and our families and are amazed, but we truly have no idea how many times each day our Heavenly Father reaches out to keep us from harm. He gives His angels charge over us, His children, to keep us from falling, physically, mentally, and spiritually!! (Psalm 91)  He is our Protector.  When it comes right down to it, He is all we need.  I hope you know Him.

Now to Him who is able to protect you from stumbling and to make you stand in the presence of His glory, blameless and with great joy.  Jude 1:24






2 comments:

  1. Precious, absolutely precious! Love how you draw a spiritual lesson from each of your paintings. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lea. This is a blessing to me and I hope to others.

      Delete