Monday, February 16, 2015

I'm really not sure what I'm doing but I have to start somewhere so here goes.  I'm an artist who at the age of 57 made this discovery.  I like to draw...really like to draw.  I think I'm pretty good at it.   I like drawing and painting people, still life (domestic types of still life), and some landscapes.  My favorite style is impressionist.  Anyway, I want to display my art and I think this may be a good place.  Thanks for checking out my work.

I've started today by displaying two of my works, one very recent, Coming Home.  The feel of walking down a tree-lined path is comforting, welcoming, peaceful.  Is that not the way coming home should feel? 



The other, To Market, was inspired by a trip to the Caribbean island of St. Martin.  The colors, activities, aromas, sounds, people of the marketplace get the creative juices flowing.  I love the islands and the beach (sitting on it..not in it!).  Take me away!!





More next time.  Thanks for joining me here on the launch of my art blog.


2 comments:

  1. Marlene, I'm impressed - if that counts for anything. Love your paintings. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly counts for a whole bunch!! Thank you, Beth!

    ReplyDelete