Monday, February 23, 2015

Is there nothing more cheery than sunflowers?  My friend, Sheryl, has a very green thumb.  I used to think I might have, but no, I do not.  I love flowers and having a beautiful yard, but in my recent years, it has been proven the love of that does not equal the doing of same.  Sheryl is my very good friend, and a kinder and more loving heart you could not find. In summer, Sheryl has these huge sunflowers in her yard, and I was excited to go over and take some pictures.  This painting was done a couple of years ago and Sheryl kindly purchased it from me.  It is an oil.  You will notice what one might at first think is a flaw/mistake on the leaf at the bottom right.  As a teenager I collected Ladybugs and so I thought adding one in the garden theme would be kind of cute.  I enjoy this happy painting so much I used it on my business cards.  

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

2 comments:

  1. Now, Marlene, this is just wonderful! What a great way to showcase your talent! You did good my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lea! You've been my "blogger" inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete