Thursday, February 26, 2015

Something New

This painting is the result of a class I took a couple of years ago.  I like the movement and the color. Honestly, I do not even remember who this instructor was, but I was pleased with the way the painting turned out.  It is a copy of one of that painter's originals. This is a 16X20 oil and is available if anyone is interested.

 I hope I never get too old to learn, to improve myself, to develop the gifts God has given me.  Don't ever think you are too old to discover a new gift.  My first art lesson was 5 years ago.  My focus as far as talent was concerned had always been singing, obtaining a degree in vocal music and using that in various ways all my life.  There was a desire, kind of a little twinge and not a real yearning, deep in me for many years to draw and learn to paint, but had never pursued it.  Finally, I  met a lady at a party after our move to Montgomery, Texas who was an art teacher at a Christian school.  At the time she did not teach privately, but soon did and contacted me.  It was so cool for me to drive out to the country to her home to draw and paint.  Thank you, Lynne Peverill!

Never think it is too late to start something new!  If there's anything you've always wanted to try....try it!! You just might be surprised at the results!


See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19

No comments:

Post a Comment