Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Solitude and Do-Overs

                                                             

A couple of summers ago, we rented a beach house down at Surfside, Texas for a few days.  I so enjoyed walking the beach and taking lots of shots of cute houses, the surf, the vegetation.  I very much love the sound of the waves, the smell of the salt air, even that yucky fish smell (well...not the really yucky very dead fish smell), the colors, the light, the birds, the breezes.  We don't go there often enough for me.  My hubby would be happy if he never saw a beach again, I think, so we compromise on our vacations.  He has bad memories of sand starched into his fatigues at Ft. Bragg.

So, on return, I put together my own picture, comprised of pieces of several pictures to make up my own.  Whenever I paint, I begin and feel I have no earthly idea what I'm doing.  I paint, and paint over, until I get it just like I like it. (One reason I like oil paints...they are very forgiving and patient).   Frankly, I was surprised when this one turned out as well as it did. 

This is another "take me away" kind of picture, carrying on yesterday's theme of quietness, solitude, and adding that of the second chance...and third...and fourth.....and....

It's so nice to know our God is a God of unlimited do-overs. (BTW..the verse below is one of my absolute favorites!)

                                                                        Solitude

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:  The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:21-23 ESV




1 comment: