Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pencil Drawing

As I mentioned yesterday, I find such pleasure and relaxation in drawing.  When I pick up a pencil and piece of paper, I totally lose myself in what I am doing. The minutes fly.  Some photographs will call out to me and the need to pick up pencil tugs at me.  For me, getting the details of a figure is much easier with that fine point than when I try to paint it.  Well, I do still have so much to learn about painting.  With drawing, you have paper, pencil, eraser.  No decisions.  Drawing endearing photos of children with their favorite toy or a dear grandparent brings much joy and then the giving of that drawing to the family is such fun.  I do hope they like what they are getting and appreciate it for time to come.  I still have much to learn about every medium and plan to keep learning as long as I live, as long as my good Lord lets me.  I'm thankful He has given me this new avenue of creativity at this stage of my life.

                                                    My darling great great niece, Evelyn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment